Monday, January 23, 2012

Smile

Isi often smiled. Don't get me wrong - she had anger and fear and frustration too, but her moods changed so quickly and smiley was definitely her default setting.

So when I came across these pictures on my mac, actually while I was looking for a decent photo of our missing cat, I smiled too. I have found it hard to look at photos - I can do it sometimes but often I shy away. But I saw these and I even felt confident enough to scrap them.

So, here we go - first the photos ...






It saddens me now that I can't remember why I took them - I think it was just one of the 'just because' times. But I love these photos because they capture just how facially expressive she was.

And because I smiled when I saw them, I scrapped them. I followed the sketch for the monthly challenge over at UKScrappers simply because the sketch had 5 pictures. It didn't win the challenge but I don't care - to me it's lovely. Not because of the way I did the page, but because it brought me a smile as well as the usual tears.


The writing on it - "smile when you think of me" came from the lyrics of a song we played at her funeral. The song is by Megedeath and yes, Isi was a fan. Her version of "Symphony of Destruction" had to be seen to be believed!

So Isi, you always surprised me and you still do.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I understand why you say this isn't a happy place but I think it is. It's a perfect place to write about your daughter. That will always be a good thing. Your writing is beautiful. You have to take the good from that and the cathartic exercise of sharing all about Isi. You're so brave as was your little girl. Thanks for sharing about her now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Di in the previous comment. You are extremely brave. Through this blog, you are sharing Isi. We feel like we knew her. Her smile, her warmth, her changeability. Her love for you and your family. That will never change. Your layout for the 5 picture challenge is wonderful and very touching. I do hope that you will be able to smile when you think of her. One day it really will happen, that you will be able to think of her and smile with feeling so much sadness. I know you aren't ready for that yet, but gradually it will creep up on you. You deserve to have happiness back.

    ReplyDelete