Monday, March 19, 2012

Doudou

Isi loved teddy bears - her doudous. I mean, really loved them. She took her doudous everywhere - the shops, the hospital, school. Once we accidentally left a doudou at school and only remembered when we were half way home. We raced back and were so relieved to find that her teacher had not only put it somewhere safe but had alerted the whole staff to look out for when (not in case, but when) we came back for it.

Now today it is 6 months since what should have been Isi's 7th birthday. We haven't talked about it much here in the house - it's been somewhat of the elephant in the room so to speak. But it has been really hard for me. I've been thinking a lot about how she would be now, and I think she would still have loved her doudous just as much.

So, the first picture I am sharing is of the gorgeous teddy that my lovely friend Anne sent for Isi for her 7th birthday. Sadly isi never saw it, but we are saving it so that if we ever have grandchildren then we will give it to the first one as a gift from Isi.


It doesn't show in my poor photo but it is so soft and fuzzy and squishy that Isi would have loved it - thank you Anne.

The second thing is Isi with another of her bears. Sorry that it's the wrong way up but I haven't learnt if there's a better way to load videos.


For Isi, as long as she had a doudou she could face the world.

I wish I had a doudou myself.

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine only a bit how you feel. Seeing this Teddy again was so hard for me, but I am happy you did show it. xxx

    ReplyDelete